Mechanical Estimating Associate
CULLITON is seeking a motivated individual to join our estimating team as an Electrical Estimating Associate working from our head office in Stratford.
CULLITON is a leading multi-trade contractor, providing Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC installations and service to the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (ICI) sectors in Southwestern Ontario and the GTA. Our head office is in Stratford with regional offices in London and Mississauga.
CULLITON enjoys strong brand recognition and a solid reputation for quality, built on a foundation of collaborative relationships with our customers, our employees and the community. We can speak of an 87-year history of building customer trust, standing alongside our customers to meet their needs and solve their problems, while going the extra mile at every stage of the building life cycle.
Job Responsibilities of the Electrical Estimating Associate
- Develop detailed and accurate job estimates using Accubid software
- Read and interpret project specifications, drawings, blueprints and tender documents
- Prepare and maintain a directory of contractors and suppliers
- Organize incoming quotes from contractors and suppliers
- Assist with updating cost database
- Administrative tasks as assigned, related to the successful operation of a multi-trade estimating department
- Customer relationship activities including the use of CRM software
- Establish and maintain working relationships with contractors, suppliers and vendors
- Salary - $37,500 to $45,000 annually, based on your experience and qualifications
- Vacation - 2 weeks per year plus statutory holidays in accordance with the employment standards act
- Benefits - Dental, Health and Life Insurance
- Pension - participation in our pension plan at your 2 year employment anniversary
- Completion of a post-secondary college diploma in Construction Estimating, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering Technology or Architectural Technology
- Proficient in interpreting blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Advanced capability using CAD, BIM modeling, MS Office (Word, Excel, Project) and Estimating software
- Previous estimating experience using Autobid Mechanical, an asset
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must obtain police criminal record and vulnerable sector clearances
- Organized with the ability to meet established deadlines
- Attention to detail and a strong desire for accuracy in your work
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Honest, loyal, motivated
- All interested and qualified applicants for the position of Electrical Estimating Associate should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with email subject line "Mechanical Estimating Associate" no later than Dec 15, 2019.
- CULLITON welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.